Friday 21 June 2013

Hot Rod

Wow.........where do I start to explain last night :)

The beginning would be a good place I suppose with the arrival of an email offering me complimenary tickets to see Rod Stewart in Birmingham...............yes they were FREE!! Next was to find a plus one (hubby is in France this week) and I remembered someone talking about Rod at the weekend, that someone turned out to be Jackie Geiring who almost hit the floor when I asked her to come with me.

So freebie voucher in hand I would have been happy with a seat anywhere so you can imagine my shock when I collected my tickets and found we were sitting 11 rows from the stage.

 
As for the show, one word........Amazing!! Rod put on one hell of a show, his energy (you would forget his age) husky vocals, fabulous mix of the old and the new songs, you can tell he loves his  audience and simply gets a kick out of being on stage. A truly nostalgic evening singing along to all of those songs that we grew up with, no wonder Jak almost lost her voice :)
 
 
This has to have been one of the best evenings I've had in ages, free tickets, some of the best seats in the house, great company (loves ya Jak) and a cracking performance from the one and only Hot Rod Stewart.
 


 

 





1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos Annie x Great to hear you & Jak had fab seats & an amazing evening xxx

    ReplyDelete